Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Tuesday 15 September 2009

Two Hot by Cara Summers


A fun and engaging romance
4 Stars

Academic Zoë McNamara is able to analyse and figure out everything – except her no holds barred attraction to the mysterious and sexy Jed Calhoun. All she can think about is Jed, which is seriously affecting her work. So she decides the best plan of action is to sleep with him and get him out of her system once and for all.

But then she meets sexy, sophisticated Ethan Blair and she can’t help but want him too. But getting mixed up with two men in the space of days might not be the best thing for Zoë as she soon finds herself embroiled in a world she only imagined happened in James Bond films. Yet even that’s not as confusing as which of the two men she wants to be with so what will she do when she realises she can have both?!


If I’m honest, I didn’t think I would much like this novel as although I can suspend reality, I assumed it would be too far fetched to be enjoyable. I am glad to say that I was wrong about it and although it’s in no way realistic – that simply made the novel a fun and engaging romantic romp!

The story seems to follow on from a previous Cara Summers novel (The Favour) and although the main characters from that story appear, and at times it is assumed we know the back story of Jed and Zoë (which I assume featured in the first book in the series), this actually doesn’t detract from the story as a whole and I don’t see a need to have read the first book to enjoy and understand this one.

Obviously this is a romance story and despite the premise and the anticipation of having two men to choose from, apart from a steamy fantasy scene, the story is a lot more tame than they would have you believe. That’s not to say the love scenes were hot and plentiful as they were both!

I enjoyed the characters within the book and their chemistry worked well together. I did feel at the end that the mystery/suspense plot overtook the romance for a while but I still didn’t want to put the book down so that’s definitely a point in the books favour. There also appears to be another story set up in this book but I can’t seem to find Gage and Bailey’s story yet.

Overall this was fun, interesting and really kept me hooked. If you’re looking for a light, romantic romp with some hot sex and fun thrown in then I would recommend this book to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment