Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Wednesday 14 October 2009

50 Ways To Find A Lover by Lucy Anne Holmes


Entertaining and readable chick-lit
4 stars

Sarah Sargeant is nearly thirty and still doesn’t have much luck with either dating or acting! However, rather than giving up hope, and with the encouragement of friends and family, Sarah embarks on a mission to find herself a good man.


This book is based on Lucy-Anne Holmes’ own blog which is actually just an account of her own life with a number of exaggerations and additions to make it more interesting.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. It was fun, witty and a good, entertaining read throughout. Although I can understand the comparisons to Bridget Jones, I felt that the character of Sarah was much more relatable and someone that I would like as a friend. Some times I find chick-lit a little too depressing and true to life so I personally loved the fact that this story followed a tried and tested formula. Some may find it predictable but I just can’t resist a happy ending!

Overall this is an enjoyable read and something light that will entertain you and keep you engrossed. If you like a fun, romantic read about the modern dating game then I would recommend this book to you. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment