Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Friday 27 November 2009

Power Play by Nancy Warren


Good, basic romance
3 Stars

For Emily Saunders being single is one thing. Being single at a family wedding is quite another – especially since her family are trying to set her up with the disgusting Buddy. As if that wasn’t enough, a hotel mishap means she has to share a room for the duration of the wedding.

Luckily for Emily, her roommate is hunky cop, Jonah Bett who’s in town for a hockey tournament. Despite all the other dramas (including an on the loose murderer), Emily can only think of one thing she’d like to do and it doesn’t involve leaving the hotel room.


This book is part of the Forbidden Fantasies series although if I’m honest there was little that was overly exciting or sexy about the story as a whole. It tries hard but doesn’t quite get there.

The characters were fine enough although I didn’t feel we ever really got to know them. Plus, I’m not really turned on by hairy men and Jonah is described as “hairier than necessary” which for me was a little off-putting. I gave him a mental shave and luckily it wasn’t mentioned overly much so I managed to live with it!

About half way through the book a second love story between Sadhu and Kirsten was introduced. These characters had little to do with the main plot and were, to my mind, completely pointless and unnecessary. It felt like complete filler and I just didn’t care about the pair.

Overall, I read this book with ease and it did hold my attention from beginning to end. Despite some faults, and the inclusion of the secondary love story, this was still a fun read that manages to take your mind off things for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment