Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Turn Up The Heat by Isabel Sharpe


Average romantic read
3 Stars

It’s been a year since party planner Candy Graham was dumped by her ex and her friends think it’s about time she gets back in the dating game. So they sign her up for a dating site with not one but four e-profiles to give her a chance to see all different sides of herself.

Writer, Justin Case, has to make an effort in the town he’s just moved to – and that means signing up for a dating site. But it’s neighbour Candy who is ticking all his boxes for an ideal date. But when he discovers she’s got 4 different dating profiles on the site then things are going to get complicated.


This was an average romantic read and one that centres around Valentine’s Day. Candy was, despite her name, a likeable character and one I was surprised I could like. Justin, too, was nice enough and I liked him and both as a pair. Neither were particularly memorable and I didn’t feel huge chemistry between them so ‘nice’ is the perfect word.

The plot was okay but I did feel it was a little bit silly and juvenile at times. There was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between the characters and getting them to admit that they liked each other. I understand there was supposed to be distrust over each other’s motives but it was nothing that a decent conversation wouldn’t have sorted out.

Added to that was the fact that both characters, Candy in particular, were still caught up on their exes. There was so much boo hooing about losing the love of their lives that it had me rolling my eyes. I want to read about the romance of the couple, not about the people who have dumped them!

Overall, this is an average read that I wouldn’t go out of my way to recommend. I finished it and enjoyed it for what it was but I can’t give it more than 3 stars, I’m afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment