Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Tuesday 15 March 2011

A Little Bit Sinful by Adrienne Basso


Engaging but unremarkable
3 stars

Eleanor Collins knows that it will be her sweet and beautiful younger sister that takes the ton by storm. So when confirmed rake Sebastian Dodd, Viscount Benton, starts to pay Eleanor attention rather than her prettier sister, she’s a little taken aback.

Sebastian’s plans for revenge include the seduction of Eleanor – a task that he’s not reluctant to take on. But as he becomes consumed with Eleanor and the passion that surrounds them he begins to wonder whether he’s got his priorities right or whether love is more important than revenge.



This is a stand alone book but it appears that it is linked in with many other of Adrienne Basso’s books. I would imagine that Sebastian appeared in the book that featured his best friend which is the one before this one (How to Seduce a Sinner). I haven’t read that book and although this one seemed to stand alone I think I would have had a better grip on the characters, especially the secondary characters, if I had read the previous one first.

The book itself was a good read. I was interested and at no time did I get bored or not want to continue with the story. Both Eleanor and Sebastian were likeable characters and I liked their story and interactions. However, neither they nor the story were particularly memorable and they also didn’t have much depth which left the whole story seriously lacking in emotion. This really made it difficult to invest in the characters and I didn’t fall in love with them or really believe that they fell in love with each other.

This book did hold my interest so it’s a little disappointing that I feel I can only give it 3 stars. I’ll give Adrienne Basso another read because I liked her writing style but this book did little for me, I’m afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment