Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Friday 8 July 2011

Make Me A Match by Diana Holquist



Weak and mediocre romance
3 stars

Cecelia Burns’ life is just the way she always dreamed it would be. She’s got a great job, a great apartment and she’s marrying the most stable, upstanding guy that she could dream of. Everything is going perfectly until her psychic sister crashes her engagement party and claims that she’s marrying the wrong guy and that the right guy, her one true love, is dying.

Finn Concord doesn’t believe in True Love but he is smitten with Cecelia Burns even if she does seem to think he’s dying. But with his lonely daughter, her rent-a-granny, psychics and enough other Finn Concords to make your mind boggle – winning Cecelia’s heart is going to take quite a lot of work.


It took me a while to get into this book and I suppose that should have been some indication of the story as a whole. It wasn’t hard to finish but I felt little to no emotional connection with the stories or the characters.

I wanted to like Cecelia but she was a little uptight and mean, especially to her sister. I know she was supposed to be like that and loosen up as the novel progressed but she was just very hard to like at times. I also didn’t think her reactions rang true and I wondered if Finn would be better off without her. Finn was a little more likeable as a rugged construction worker but I felt he wasn’t strong enough to handle Cecelia and he was obviously so hung up on his first wife that I didn’t think he was ready to move on.

The psychic stuff and the storyline overall was fine and handled well it was just that everything was too convenient and too bizarre to make it believable, even with the magic.

I finished this book and was rooting for the characters but in the end it just didn’t do much for me. A good read if it’s on your bookshelf but nothing I would run out and recommend. 3 stars.

This book is followed by Jasmine’s story in Sexiest Man Aliveand Amy’s story in Hungry for More.

No comments:

Post a Comment