Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Friday 30 December 2011

Royally Romanced by Marie Donovan


Fairly bland royal romance
2 stars

Stressed out Prince Georgio Di Leone doesn’t have time for anything other than running his small country. But when his little sister announces she’s getting married he hops straight on a plane to New York City to check things out. What he finds is a Renata Pavoni, a wedding dress designer whose vintage style makes him forget all about his responsibilities to his sister and his country.

It’s definitely lust at first sight but can a brash New Yorker and a European prince find their way to a real happily ever after?


I’m not usually into the whole royalty thing but this book sounded interesting and I thought I would give it a go. Unfortunately, I found that it really wasn’t my cup of tea.

Renata wasn’t a bad character but I simply couldn’t relate to her or root for her in any way. She was too brash and was written to epitomise every New Yorker stereotype and clichĂ© you’ve ever heard. Georgio was fine but nothing overly special or someone that I would particularly swoon over. The pair’s chemistry was only okay so it was surprising that the plentiful sex scenes were so scorchingly hot!

Having said that, at times this book read like random sex scenes with filler in between. Nothing exciting seemed to happen and it was hard to suspend belief that any of the things that did happen were likely. I’m sad to say that this was quite a forgettable romance. I won’t be picking up the next two books in the series (Royally Seduced and Royally Claimed) and I’m sorry to say that I just can’t recommend it. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment