Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Monday 6 September 2010

Make Me Yours by Betina Krahn


Entertaining Blaze historical romance
4 Stars

Widow, Mariah Eller was only trying to make sure her inn didn’t get trashed when she found herself catching the attention of the Prince of Wales. Unfortunately for Mariah, she much prefers the prince’s best friend, Jack St. Lawrence.

The attraction is mutual but Jack is completely loyal to the prince and since he knows the prince only gets involved with married women, he figures Mariah is safe. That is until the prince demands Jack find Mariah a husband.

But as Mariah and Jack try to fight their attraction toward each other Jack begins to realise that he has found the perfect husband for Mariah. Himself.


This is a new Blaze historical with this particular book being set in England in 1887.

I love a tortured, broody hero and Jack was certainly that. But, one of the things I love best is that we get a glimpse into the emotions the hero feels and that was something that I felt was a little lacking in this story. Mariah was a fun character with a definite wit and sparkle about her but again, I would have liked a little more emotion from her. Together the pair had great chemistry and the sex scenes were nicely hot.

The writing style was fast paced and I loved the dialogue between the characters, especially Mariah and Jack. The descriptive got a little flowery in places for my liking but it was brief and not very often so it didn’t overly bother me.

I have to give this book 4 stars as, despite its faults, it was a readable book that I didn’t want to put down. I love the fact that Blaze are now offering historical romances in their range and this definitely won’t be the last one that I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment