Welcome to Cozy Jo's Romance Review blog. This is where you'll find reviews and discussions on historical or contemporary romance books and maybe a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure.
So come on in, sit down and find yourself a good romance book to read.

Saturday 18 December 2010

The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance


A good taster of Regency authors
4 stars

I’m always on the look out for enjoyable Regency romances but never want to try a new author’s full length book incase I don’t like the writing style. That’s why I was delighted to find this large anthology. At such a low price (£4 at the time of writing) I felt I couldn’t go wrong.

There are 23 stories in this book, all of them original to this collection so you can guarantee you won’t have read them anywhere else. There are offerings from well known authors such as Lorraine Heath, Candice Hern and Elizabeth Boyle as well as many from less the less well-known. Some stories are sexy and some are quite tame. Basically there’s something for everyone no matter what your taste.

Much like another reviewer, I also found it quite astonishing how good most of the stories in this anthology were. For being so short (each lasts roughly 30 pages), there were remarkably few that I couldn’t finish or didn’t enjoy.

I really liked quite a number of the stories in the book and will definitely be checking out longer length stories by a few of the authors. My standout stories were Upon a Midnight Clear by Anna Campbell, Cinders and Ashe by Elizabeth Boyle, Stolen by Emma Wildes and The Devil’s Bargain by Deborah Raleigh.

Overall, for the price, you get a really good selection of stories and even if you don’t enjoy them all, you’re bound to get find a few that take your fancy. This is a book I would definitely recommend. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment